The Resource "You can tell just by looking" : and 20 other myths about LGBT life and people
- "You can tell just by looking" : and 20 other myths about LGBT life and people
- Title remainder
- and 20 other myths about LGBT life and people
- Statement of responsibility
- Michael Bronski, Ann Pellegrini, Michael Amico
- "Breaks down the most commonly held misconceptions about lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and their lives. "You Can Tell Just by Looking" unpacks enduring, popular, and deeply held myths about lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, culture, and life in America. Some of these myths, such as "all religions condemn homosexuality," have been used to justify discrimination and oppression of LGBT people. Other myths, such as "LGBT people are born that way," have been adopted by LGBT communities and their allies. By discussing and dispelling these myths--including gay-positive ones--the authors challenge readers to question their own beliefs and to grapple with the complexities of what it means to be queer in the broadest social, political, and cultural sense"--Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .B7596 2013
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
ContextContext of "You can tell just by looking" : and 20 other myths about LGBT life and people
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Southfield Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.