The Resource Derrida
- Statement of responsibility
- Zeitgeist Films ; a Jane Doe Films production ; producer, Amy Ziering Kofman ; directed by Kirby Dick, Amy Ziering Kofman
- Jacques Derrida is best known for having formulated a theoretical analysis commonly referred to as "deconstruction." His writings on language, rhetoric, and philosophy interrogate and challenge the formulations of certain basic precepts of Western metaphysics, such as presence, truth, the position of the subject and nature of identity. Politically active and deeply committed to social justice, he devoted his life work to rethinking positions of racism, power, and oppression using his sharp and surprising analytical skills to address the ways in which they overtly and covertly operate. One of the most cited and influential contemporary intellectual figures, the film illuminates the paradox of Derrida, a person who was at once both extremely private and extremely public
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Camera by Kirsten Johnson ; edited by Kirby Dick and Matthew Clarke ; music composed, performed and produced by Ryuichi Sakamoto ; interviewers, Amy Ziering Kofman, Kirby Dick ; English subtitles, Amy Ziering Kofman
- Intended audience
- MPAA rating: Not rated
- Language note
- In French and English, with French subtitled in English ; optional closed-captioning
- LC call number
- LC item number
- D47 2003
- Narration, Amy Ziering Kofman; interviewees Jacques Derrida, Marguerite Derrida
- live action
ContextContext of Derrida
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Southfield Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.