"So what are you going to do with that?" : finding careers outside academia, Susan Basalla and Maggie DebeliusThe Resource "So what are you going to do with that?" : finding careers outside academia, Susan Basalla and Maggie Debelius
- "So what are you going to do with that?" : finding careers outside academia, Susan Basalla and Maggie Debelius
- Title remainder
- finding careers outside academia
- Statement of responsibility
- Susan Basalla and Maggie Debelius
- Will I have to wear a suit? rethinking life after graduate school -- Getting your head ready -- Should I finish my dissertation? -- How to use your grad school years wisely -- So what am I going to do? -- Myths about post-academic careers -- Questions about graduate school and your future -- Your eclectic mix -- Post-academic profile: Abby Markoe, A.B.D. history of medicine, executive, director -- Squashwise -- How do I figure out what else to do? soul-searching before job searching -- Take inventory -- Break it down -- Looking backward: seven stories -- Guilty pleasures -- "This is your brain on graduate school" -- No need for a #2 pencil -- Where are all those PhDs anyway? -- Create your own possibilities -- Post-academic profile: Samantha Sutton, PhD in biology, life coach -- Asking the big questions: how to figure out if you want them and if they want you -- Asking the big questions -- Answering the big questions: three strategies -- Transitional tales -- So what's next? -- Post-academic profile: Xiuwen Tu, PhD in physics, Sun Power Corporation, device and characterization engineer -- This might hurt a bit: turning a CV into a résumé -- Getting ready to write a résumé -- Writing a résumé: the first draft -- A few more words of advice -- After you've drafted a résumé -- Case studies and sample résumés -- Cover letters that will get you hired -- Post-academic profile: Alyssa Picard, PhD in history, staff representative for the Michigan Affiliate of the American Federation of Teachers -- Sweaty palms, warm heart: how to turn an interview into a job -- Before the interview -- During the interview -- After the interview -- What if the interview doesn't go well? -- The job offer (or lack thereof) -- Negotiation -- Adjusting to your new job -- Post-academic profile: Scott Keeter, PhD in political science, director of Survey Research, Pew Research Center for the People & the Press -- Conclusion
- Control code
- 22 cm
- 3rd ed.
- xii, 149 pages
ContextContext of "So what are you going to do with that?" : finding careers outside academia, Susan Basalla and Maggie Debelius
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Southfield Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.